Sunday, October 01, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionaire

Here is my Secret Pal 9 questionaire, but anyone else who wants to get me presents can use this too!! he he!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't really have a favorite, I'm actually pretty new to knitting. I still am at mostly buying for the project I am making and haven't learned enough of yarns to know likes/dislikes. I have become to notice I don't care for manmade fibers, but they have a place still with me for the right things.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A rubbermaid shoebox size box, ohh so pretty (NOT)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for maybe 6 months. I learned from a book and the internet. Learned? No, still learning. I have made some things that were intermediate so I guess I'm an advanced beginner. Depends on the project I guess. I've made 6 purses and just finished competing in sock wars.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, on Amazon.com

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Vanilla,chocolate, lavender and chamomile (sp) smelling lotion. Um not all at once, EWWW

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate and lots of it!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Sewing, smocking, decorative painting on wood or anything that stands still. I don't spin, but wouldn't mind learning tatting too.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love Snowpatrol and Aqualung currently (adult alternative), Michael Bublie and Josh Groban. My husband is huge on MOG so I have allll the music a girl could want (and alot I don't ha ha). We have mp3 players everywhere, car, computers, house.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I have been craving deep dark purples and have always liked black, navy and autumn colors. I don't have a color I can't stand, just don't favor brights or neons (ok, yuck to neon)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a stay at home mother, my husband works for IBM from home, we have 3 sons 6,9, and 13. We have a German short-hair pointer.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of the above as weather permits or requires. We live in Kansas so the weather can allow for all of them at some point.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Purses, but only because that's all I've really been doing and all I know really well. I'd love to give something beautiful a try, but have been chicken and doing socks first. Trying to "master" some harder things like the techniques for socks and everyone always raves about socks so I have to try.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks and a bag. I'm going to give a sweater in VK a try next, but need to get the right yarn
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? OH YES!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular if possible and always bamboo. I poke myself with aluminum and it hurts my fingers. Too slippery too

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Don't have any for knitting (don't ask about sewing though, I would be embarrassed)

18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween and Christmas. Don't make me pick just one!!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really, I was going after unusual chickens, but I'm pretty picky about them. I know, weird.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
No, I've gotten everything I need/want from the internet. Maybe Lucinda Guys book"Handknits for Kids: 25 Original Designs for Girls and Boys" No mag subscribtions either, just buy them as I see what I like at the store. And seeming to buy older VK, not the newer ones, dont know why.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Lace

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm trying to be. I'm a US 9 or 9 1/2 if tight.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 05/11 (May 11)

No comments: