Sunday, December 20, 2009

Overlooked Gifts


Today, after re watching The Ultimate Gift, I sat thinking. This is the season we think of gifts in a more material sense. More importantly, it should be about looking at our other gifts. I'm not sure what's going on but this year under the tree will be very sparse. This has really been bothering me. Nothing bad has happened, but the money just isn't there for much right now. Is that really where my focus should be?

What's under the tree really doesn't matter. It's the people around the tree, the fact that I have a family to love, a spouse I adore (and vice-versa) and a house for said tree to be in. We have employment. While it's a bugger of job on Dale- relentless in unpaid overtime and he is completely under appreciated, it's still a job. We can pay the bills, have plenty of food and manage pretty well. That's sadly more then many people can say.

It's hard to see the bright side but there really is one. I want to look at what's good at my life. There is so much to be thankful and grateful for.

No comments: