Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!

New Year everyone! I hope it found everyone happy, safe and warm. We have been very slow around here and I think I'm about catatonic. The boys would disagree but I'm excited for school to start again just to get back into the swing of things. I have actually been able to do some knitting for myself and this is for Dale. I'm doing the Binary scarf from knitty.com. He is "the one" for me after all. (Matrix humor for the non-geeks out there) Hancock was having a big sale and since it's waaay past time to get back into things, I found these super cute retro copies. I'm really wanting retro in a bad way and these beauties should satisfy the bill for a bit. Thinking they will be circular needle holders for Etsy. Start there and see where we land.

This is Jordan's contribution to my blog, he picked this picture just for you!!! Awww. (or is that ewwww)?

I don't make resolutions, think it's silly since we all know we are going to break them. I do believe in honest goal setting but that's different, don't know why but just go with me on this. Goals are something you take time and honestly plan, New Year resolutions are empty promises we don't intend to keep (Hmm, little Disney Beauty and the Beast there). BUT I did decide after seeing some photos with my family that it's way past time to drop some pounds. Last week I joined weight watchers with my mom. See, did it BEFORE New Year's!! A local sports store is doing "The Biggest Loser" and having a competition. Dale signed his life away and started the same day as WW. His diet is much more restictive but he is doing well so far. They only use this diet 90 days and there are monetary prizes. OOOOhh, we like monetary prizes. We fiqure he will drop his weight then join me on WW. It will be like a treat for him by then. YIKES! I don't think I've ever drank sooooo much water. You can hear me coming, slosh slosh slosh.

1 comment:

Black Purl said...

Good for you! I'll be looking for those holders on Etsy. I LOVE anything retro!!!!! Happy New Year!