I am so excited to do this exchange again. The last one was loads of fun!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am not picky, I use whatever yarns are appropriate to the project I am making.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A tupperware "shoebox" mostly.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? About a year now, I consider myself advanced beginner, intermediate if pressed. ;-) I taught myself using the internet mostly.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Yup, I have an Amazon wishlist
5. What's your favorite scent?Vanilla, ginger/orange (Bath and body works), toffee, nothing too flowery- lilac or hydrangea
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? ooooh, anything chocolate!!!!!!!!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? smocking, sewing, all the power tools in the house are mine (I own a bandsaw). I do some woodwork (tole painting, decorative painting. I don't spin, but would like to learn someday. There is still so much to do and learn!!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)adult contemporary, alternative. I own an MP3 player and my Hubby just bought and uploaded a whole new memory card for me.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love purples, but am luuuving robin's egg blues (or various shades) with brown. Pinks too, with brown. I really don't like brights- neon or anything loud.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, have three sons (13,9,7). I have a German short-hair pointer (dog)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Not really, but I do like all of them. Love scarves!! We just don't get very cold most of the time here. (I say that looking at my snow covered yard)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? no favs. Just whatever floats my boat at the moment.
13. What are you knitting right now? Baby things for my newly expecting sister, purses for International Tote Exchange 3/my Etsy shop/self.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? OOH ya!! I love the creativity of others and the thoughtfulness the time takes. Storebought is cool too though!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circs all the way if possible. Bamboo always.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? nope
17. How old is your oldest UFO? ummm, are we talking just knitting? This could be bad so I ain't telling! ;-)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, but I get a kick out of all of them.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really, I think I collect sewing patterns though (hehe).
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Alterknits. No subscribtions, I just buy mags as the fancy hits so I use all the different mags at some point.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? cables. Still chicken for cables
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? weeeelll, I want to be, I can and that's some other yarn staring at me to get to. I would love to answer a big YES, but can't yet. I am a size 9 US
23. When is your birthday? May 11
I am very casual. My husband works from home and I'm a stay at home mom. I run around in track pants most of the time and look for excuses to need to dress up in jeans (except for church when I usually am VERY tailored, weird huh?). I would be happy to get to know my new pal but am okay if you would like to remain secret too.