Monday, April 18, 2011

Food, Inc or Why is My Food Biting Back?


I've never considered myself a foodie or anything fancy like that. I admit there's not too many hamburgers I've said no to but last night, Hubby and I watched "Food, Inc". That movie might've changed our food habits forever. Sadly, I knew many of the facts presented but something finally clicked. Maybe it was seeing the cow's legs turned backwards, the chickens who can't support their own weight or some combination but it's time to turn over a new leaf and pay attention to what goes in my family's mouths.

The amount of garbage coming through even foods we thought should be safe was frightening. We started today by making a trip to Whole Foods, doing a little shopping and research into buying healthier options.

I'm going to start using my blog, turning over some new, improved habits and let's see where we go from there!

No comments: